Apostille World Blog

Study Abroad in Chile – Document Legalization

| Apostille World
Study Abroad in Chile – Document Legalization


The rise of Chile has attracted many people to the austral country, many looking for job opportunities and others are looking for a degree.

Those interested in entering a Chilean university should know that Chile also offers some of the top universities in Latin America. Although the country  is not member of the Hague Convention, there are some requirements and procedures to get recognition and registration of academic degrees obtained abroad.

• Any document presented in Chile Embassy or Consulate office will have to be first certified by the State.

• Apostille world can certify your documents issued by US State or the US Federal Government.

• Applicant must have and submit in person at the Degrees Section of The Consular Legal Department, the following documents:

• Handwritten academic degree (original)

• Handwritten certificate (original) of academic transcript of university studies issued by the university or post-secondary studies center.

• Handwritten certificate (original) of authority of the country where the degree was issued, accrediting the legal existence of the university or post-secondary studies center.

The above documents must be legalized by  the authorities of the country of origin,  respective Consul of Chile and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile.

Feel free to contact Apostille World if you need apostille and /or legalization services.

295 Madison Avenue 12th Floor
New York – NY 10017
24/7 Customer Service
212-939-6426 / 646-626-2521